RAR Assessments


Riparian Area Regulations

QEP Environmental offers full, in depth Riparian Area Regulation assessments. Riparian areas are zones which surround streams, lakes, and wetlands, where the water meets land. Is there a stream, lake waterfront, wetland, ditch or ravine on or nearby your property? If so, and if you plan residential, commercial, or industrial activity in the vicinity, Riparian Areas Regulations (RAR) may apply to you.

What is a RAR Assessment?

An assessment of a site and its riparian habitat performed by a Qualified Environmental Professional. RAR Assessments are most commonly prescribed by government regulators for people looking to create development or make alterations on a site that has or is adjacent to a body of water. RAR assessments may apply for large bodies of water like rivers and lakes, as well as smaller ones like streams and ditches.

When is a RAR Assessment required?

Should you consider development activities in riparian areas, a Qualified Environmental Professional (QEP) may be required to carry out an assessment of your development site, in order to determine the physical constraints that your development might have. Work on a RAR assessment typically involves effectively establishing mitigation points, compiling assessment reports, and negotiating with governmental regulators.

To date, QEP Environmental has completed hundreds of RAR Assessments for BC residents and business owners. We have conducted RAR assessments for a wide variety of projects, including small residential constructions and large-scale commercial developments.

Questions about RAR Assessments?

Give us a call at 250.681.4838, or fill out the form below. Please include as much detail as possible. We will quickly get back to you with more information. If you're requesting a price quote, please indicate the type and size of property, as well as any deadlines you may have.

We have worked with residential and commercial developers in different regional districts and municipalities, meeting specialized local requirements:

City of Kelowna, West Kelowna, Vernon, Penticton, Naramata, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Lumby, Armstrong, Enderby,  Sicamous, Lake Country, Coldstream, District of Central Okanagan, District of North Okanagan, Columbia-Shuswap Regional District, Fraser Valley Regional District, Greater Vancouver Regional District, Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen, Thompson-Nicola Regional District, Abbotsford, Burnaby, Chase, Chilliwack, Langley, Coquitlam, Delta, Hope, Lions Bay, Maple Ridge, Merritt, New Westminster, North Vancouver, Oliver, Osoyoos, Peachland, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Princeton, Revelstoke, Richmond, Summerland, Surrey, White Rock.